Saint John’s Abbey Volunteer Program
Number of persons needed - 5
Position: Archives Assistant
Department: Abbey Archives
Brief Summary of Assignment: Assist with general archival work, organizing, creating computer files, scanning images, web work, etc.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours each week or as agreed upon.
Responsibilities: Specific activities to accomplish, task expectations
- Assist with general organizational work, sorting and de-accessioning files based on clearly defined criteria
- Organizing photograph collections
- Work with computer data base and word processing files
- Assist with research requests as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- General office and computer experience useful
- Web experience useful but not required
- Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks
Team Leader: Br. David Klingeman, OSB
Location, working space, equipment, etc: Abbey Archives
Any questions: contact Eileen Haeg at 363-3304 or email AbbeyVolunteers@csbsju.edu.