Saint John’s Abbey Volunteer Program
Number of persons needed : 5-6
Position: Church Environment Assistant
Department: Abbey Housekeeping
Brief Summary of Assignment: Work in a team to clean portions of the Abbey Church and Chapter House; dusting, sweeping and picking up stray worship aids.
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours each week
Responsibilities: (specific activities to accomplish task, expectations)
- Dust (occasionally wash) pews in weekly assigned sections
- Sweeping or vacuuming floors
- Picking up worship aids or other paper
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to take direction and willingness to help
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks
- Ability to stand and move around, using dust cloths, mops, etc.
Team Leader: Paul Kollmann
Location, working space, equipment, etc: Abbey Church, Chapter House, dusting and vacuuming equipment.
Any questions: contact Eileen Haeg at 363-3304 or email AbbeyVolunteers@csbsju.edu.