Saint John’s Abbey Volunteer Program
Number of persons needed : 2-4
Position: Church Environment
Brief Summary of Assignment; Spend 2-4 hours each week, on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday morning, dusting, mopping and straightening the choir stalls, the Blessed Sacrament Chapel and Mary’s Chapel. These could be the same people who clean the larger area of the church.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours each week, preferably the same morning each week.
- Responsibilities: Dust (and occasionally wash) choir stalls
- Sweeping or vacuuming floors
- Picking up worship aids or other paper
- Cleaning Mary Chapel, Blessed Sacrament Chapel and the Sanctuary area
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to take direction and willingness to help
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks
- A good back with the ability to stand, bend and move around, using dust cloths and mops, etc.
Team Leader: Xavier Schermerhorn, OSB
Location, working space, equipment, etc: . Abbey Church, dusting and vacuuming equipment.
Any questions: contact Eileen Haeg at 363-3304 or email AbbeyVolunteers@csbsju.edu.